The Russian Twist is a great core exercise that can help strengthen your abdominal muscles and improve your balance. It’s simple to learn, easy to do, and can be adapted for any fitness level.
How to do Russian Twist
- Begin by sitting on the floor with your knees bent and feet together. Place your hands on either side of you as you lean back slightly.
- Twist slowly to one side, then twist again to the other side. Make sure to keep your lower body still as you move only from the waist up.
- Repeat the Russian twist motion 15 to 25 times on each side, taking short breaks as needed.
- To make it more challenging, add a weight or medicine ball to the exercise, using one or both hands to hold it.
Benefits of Russian Twist
- Strengthens the abdominal muscles, lower back, and hips.
- Improves balance and coordination.
- It helps to tone the entire core area, including the waistline.
The Russian Twist is an excellent exercise for strengthening your core muscles and improving your overall balance. It’s a simple exercise that can be adapted to any fitness level and doesn’t require any special equipment. Give Russian Twist a try today and reap the benefits for your body!